Gentile: Cyprianais and Cyprianaise
It was in 1886 that the parish of Saint-Cyprien was founded. At the heart of a vast region whose configuration is made up of hills, slopes and valleys and which, through its hydrographic network, establishes the link between the St.Lawrence River and Lake Témiscouata, via the Ashbérish River, the Chaîne des Seven Lakes, Round Lake and the Trois-Pistoles River, is found in Saint-Cyprien de Rivière-du-Loup, in the Bas-Saint-Laurent. The village has developed at the confluence of the Plate, Toupiké and Trois-Pistoles rivers.
Located near Lac Témiscouata, the second largest lake on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, St-Cyprien offers a privileged location for fishing, water sports and swimming.